PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Checked SP today and saw that Presbyterian Reformation has been silently ?released. No emails or announcement from them, not sure if that is a good or bad thing…
Apparently the tins were delayed through distribution, so the official release date got missed and so the manufacturer just let it be released without much fanfare.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, after bowl 1 I’m not particularly impressed. The topping just doesn’t really strike my fancy and there is enough of it that the underlying tobaccos don’t really shine.

I’ll give it another few bowls in case its a fluke but my hopes are not high.

The topping doesn’t really seem like it matches the tin description. I get more of a sugared tip of a flavored swisher sweet type of flavor.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Well, after bowl 1 I’m not particularly impressed. The topping just doesn’t really strike my fancy and there is enough of it that the underlying tobaccos don’t really shine.

The topping doesn’t really seem like it matches the tin description. I get more of a sugared tip of a flavored swisher sweet type of flavor.
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: LotusEater
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog

I cracked my tin on Monday and the tin note was kinda funky. I don't know really how to describe it. Maybe chocolate covered cherry scented candle? I'm going to give it about a week to breathe before I smoke any.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
I don’t think that we are going to be getting this variant anytime soon in the UK…ordinary Presbyterian mix has gone the way of the dodo on the UK market it seems.

I could buy some from the continent but that seems like a headache, with many variables to become a ball ache as it gets held up for any number of reasons at one customs post or other.

I’d buy a tin if it ever becomes available here though.

Another casualty of a British brand being flogged to a foreign company, Brexit, the price of salt in Montenegro and a fall in the silk price in Taiwan I guess? ?‍♂️

What I mean is, there’s always something that gets in the way and many excuses for the problems.