PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
This time of year I’m starting to pack away my Latakia heavy blends and my sweeter aros which I enjoy more in colder months. I prefer Virginia forward blends and fruity aros in the warmer months.

I like Burley all year around but, reach more for the Dark Fired forward blends in the spring/summer and straight up burleys more in the fall/winter.

With that my Spring/Summer rotation as of today is:

Peterson Irish Flake
GH Dark Birds Eye
Wessex Burley Sliced
GLP Chelsea Morning
Rattray Exotic Passion
Solani Sweet Mystery X
PS LBE
MC Xmas Cheer
GLP Barbary Coast
GH Bosun Cut Plug
GH Brown Flake Licorice
GH Glengarry Flake

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Really the only thing that changes for me is I smoke less English blends. I’m a Va/VaPer guy so I really only smoke a couple bowls of English a week and that will probably drop down to a couple a month until fall sets in.

Reactions: STP

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I only smoke some of the “holiday blends” around the holidays, but everything else is a go for all 4 seasons ? ? ? ❄️

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
There is something about latakia blends when it's chilly and rainy that go well together. Here in Vancouver we get a lot of that in winter. I do feel more attracted to the brighter and sweeter blends(more virginias) during summer though, and more perique to go with it. But I'll still smoke whatever I feel like which changes and goes through phases, depending on what I'm experimenting with.

I only make my own blends, so i can put as much or little of latakia or any other leaf as i want in my blends. I use lots of Kentucky in everything, so that doesn't really change much with the seasons.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Current rotation is made up mostly of Virginia's and VaPers, and a little Burley.

FVF
Deception Pass
Red Eye (aged 5 yrs - not too bad!)
MC 27
Rattrays Dark Fragrant
Briar Fox - aged 10+ courtesy of the PipeStud.

Status
Not open for further replies.