PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I heard if you buy “the cube” it comes sealed so this doesn’t happen
That’s true. From Wiki: “Developed by Pablo Picasso during his cubist phase, “The Cube” became a tobacco phenomenon which eventually led to the creation of the hit video game Qbert, which like almost everything else, is now made by MacBaren. Look for the limited edition Qbert Cube Cut Cube coming soon.”

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
nq8EqdNntvdrJZVYATBDE7yRWHYZ-_6pJUCmw7b7aqZEfUrgKbYYzmPsjoin10zf4Cr9

Jan 27, 2020
That’s true. From Wiki: “Developed by Pablo Picasso during his cubist phase, “The Cube” became a tobacco phenomenon which eventually led to the creation of the hit video game Qbert, which like almost everything else, is now made by MacBaren. Look for the limited edition Qbert Cube Cut Cube coming soon.”

Wow. I love learning factoids like this, tobacco related or not. Intersting too that Paloma Picasso was from what I read the first professional female pipe tobacco blender.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I stopped ordering cube cut tobacco after the 3rd or so order as not of it was properly packed inside a cube. I don't want to be one of those people who go on the internet to complain about everything but it did irk me.
Weird. The cube cut tobacco that I order is always perfectly packed in a cube. Are you sure it's coming from a reputable cube-cut dealer?

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I stopped ordering cube cut tobacco after the 3rd or so order as not of it was properly packed inside a cube.
I know. It’s already hard enough to smoke as it is. My theory is that it needs to be smoked in a cube pipe with a cube shaped chamber. I haven’t been able to test that yet because all of the pipe makers I’ve contacted to commission one have blocked me. The last one filed a restraining order.

I love learning factoids like this, tobacco related or not.
Funny that you mention that. I recently learned that Altoids originally had trivia printed on the mints and were going to be branded as Factoids. The problem was that it left a bad impression on the mint so the name looked like altoids. The facts were illegible and the Altoids name stuck.
Intersting too that Paloma Picasso was from what I read the first professional female pipe tobacco blender.
This is a great fact to bring up for Women’s History Month. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 27, 2020
Weird. The cube cut tobacco that I order is always perfectly packed in a cube. Are you sure it's coming from a reputable cube-cut dealer?

I suppose I
I know. It’s already hard enough to smoke as it is. My theory is that it needs to be smoked in a cube pipe with a cube shaped chamber. I haven’t been able to test that yet because all of the pipe makers I’ve contacted to commission one have blocked me. The last one filed a restraining order.

Funny that you mention that. I recently learned that Altoids originally had trivia printed on the mints and were going to be branded as Factoids. The problem was that it left a bad impression on the mint so the name looked like altoids. The facts were illegible and the Altoids name stuck.

This is a great fact to bring up for Women’s History Month. Thanks for sharing.

I have an Altoid factoid that involves Bill Clinton but it's really not appropriate to share here, especially during Women's History Month.

Status
Not open for further replies.