A Bittersweet Arrival (Keeping A Ruthenberg Smokey).

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My first Brian Ruthenberg pipe, an estate, formerly owned by Sante “fishnbanjo” Giuliani. A legend in the pipe smoking community, not only for his knowledge and unmatchable collection, but also for his kindness, good humor and perseverance through incredible hardship, and just all around nice-guyness.

I am ecstatic to finally own one of his pipes, and even more ecstatic that it is a big 7 incher that displays Sante’s beloved bamboo, which I understand not too many Ruthenberg pipes feature.

I’ll certainly do my best to keep this one smokey for you my friend, and think of you every time I do! RIP Sante. Tight Lines and Keep it Smokey!!!

C37229C5-C2F6-4399-A725-8DE89D220241.jpeg
21054A68-7770-44E1-8DD8-59ADE7469CD6.jpeg
99C82DF0-98E6-40F7-B3D2-DCB71E77340C.jpeg
8276A472-D0DB-4E1F-8A87-EC1F702AC52F.jpeg
40BEA46C-7DD5-44BC-B6FA-80595D56D33C.jpeg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Now you have to get a vest and a brown hat and recreate that pic.

haha, I had the same thought! I already have the vest and shades, but the only hat I have like that is the same plaid as the vest, so you're right I may have to acquire a brown hat to get my first "What are you smoking?" picture to match his.

Reactions: jaytex1969

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I miss Sante with all his incredible museum of pipes of all kinds, intriguing cobs of yore to masterpieces of the carver's craft. I missed few if any of his posts, always eager to see what his pipe was that day. I'm so glad to see one of his magnificent bamboo shank beauties.

Reactions: alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I miss Sante with all his incredible museum of pipes of all kinds, intriguing cobs of yore to masterpieces of the carver's craft. I missed few if any of his posts, always eager to see what his pipe was that day. I'm so glad to see one of his magnificent bamboo shank beauties.
I miss seeing them (and him!) as well. His collection was absolutely enormous and incredibly comprehensive.

Reactions: BROBS
Aug 1, 2012
haha, I had the same thought! I already have the vest and shades, but the only hat I have like that is the same plaid as the vest, so you're right I may have to acquire a brown hat to get my first "What are you smoking?" picture to match his.
Go for an aussie oilskin hat. It's great in the rain/snow and lasts pretty much forever. Brown is the classic and it would be functional as well as fitting the brown hat bill (pun intended).

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Go for an aussie oilskin hat. It's great in the rain/snow and lasts pretty much forever. Brown is the classic and it would be functional as well as fitting the brown hat bill (pun intended).
I already have one! (From outback trading co.) but it is black, and brimmed. Great for fall rain and winter snow blowing.

Reactions: captainsousie
Status
Not open for further replies.