PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RandyMcgrabb

Lurker
Feb 26, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Greetings from the UK,

I'm a newbie to the world of Pipes and smoking in general, this is my second week. My itch for piping came from watching lots of YouTube videos and thinking why the hell not. I'm more aligned to flavour so I chose aromatic as my tobacco preference.

My first pipe came from Amazon, a cheap Chinese pipe and kit, a bad choice. But learning from that experience I got several pipes to see which one would be suitable for me. So I have now a clay pipe, corncobs, Erikson Keystone, and arriving very soon a meer and falcon with a meer lined bowl.

I'm probably going to settle for the meers to get me started.
Cheers
RM

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! Sounds like you’ve got a good plan for getting started. There’s some good online retailers there in the UK so you should be able to get what you’re looking for.

Reactions: RandyMcgrabb

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from California!

I like the idea of sticking to one type of pipe- it'll make it easier to judge what tobaccos you like. I have mostly briars and a dozen or so meers- like them equally.

PS Footie fan?

RandyMcgrabb

Lurker
Feb 26, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Thank you all for the welcome :)
Welcome! Sounds like you’ve got a good plan for getting started. There’s some good online retailers there in the UK so you should be able to get what you’re looking for.
Thanks, after watching 40+ hours of pipe videos, hints, and tips I kind of knew what direction to go for. I've used a couple of retailers in the UK so far and very good, nice selection of pipes and tobacco.

Welcome from California!

I like the idea of sticking to one type of pipe- it'll make it easier to judge what tobaccos you like. I have mostly briars and a dozen or so meers- like them equally.

PS Footie fan?
The more info I find out about pipes and the pros and cons I've settled on sticking to meers to smoke. I'm probably in the small percentage of men who don't like football, I do like bowling though :)