PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator
Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match in a Bjarne freehand w/ a replacement stem. Idk if it's the age of the tobacco or my changing tastes... this used to be so flavorful to me but now it tastes like hot air. The search for the Burley Unicorn continues....

View attachment 265246
What's not to like...👍 the Bjarne that is..

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
View attachment 265248
Love that blend. I usually just have it as a treat because I only have a few ounces. After smoking that tobacco its much easier for me to pick out Virginias.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Mac Baren HH Balkan in Old German Clay billiard. I've had this open for a while, going through all the open English I have to see what I want to keep or not before opening new ones I want to try. While this isn't bad at all, it's not giving me what I want when I want English. This leans more sometimes sweet and sometimes peppery/spicy campfire when what I want is more musky leather (whether sweet or sour). Which is sad because I don't dislike it, but it makes me just want something else.

So far, the toss list includes Presbyterian, Sutliff Match BSOM and maybe Arango Balkan Supreme (need to try it again to be sure). Keep list includes SPC PP special reserve, Quiet Nights and Sutliff Match BS 759. Still on the fence about keeping this one and EMP, there are rare occasions I do actually want them, just not that often.

PXL_20231129_055314445.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed the ferals, and am passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. While they were eating, Sam the Scamp showed up by the side of the house crying for me. I got some cat food, scooped him up, and he purred loudly as I took him to the front porch to eat in peace. He always gets run off by the other ferals so I have to go the extra mile for the li'l scamp. Anyway, I'm nearing the first third of this bowl of Peretti Blend W in a straight black sandblasted circa 1950s Comoy’s Peterson’s made for Peterson, Ltd. in Wisconsin billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Comoy's_Peterson.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Definitely want to find a club near by!
It depends how far north you are, but the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club meets on a monthly basis, often at the Arlington Pipe and Cigar Lounge in Arlington Heights.
Here's the link to the club's website:

Status
Not open for further replies.