PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
This sounds like a fun and interesting concept. Been smoking pipe and cigars for 20 years but new to the pipe forums so I’ll see you guys next time around hopefully. I run a cigar page and bombs (sending a pack of cigars to a random person) is quite common. Now I’m thinking of a cigar box for that page. I’m liking the rules so far. I hope you guys have success.

This sounds like a fun and interesting concept. Been smoking pipe and cigars for 20 years but new to the pipe forums so I’ll see you guys next time around hopefully. I run a cigar page and bombs (sending a pack of cigars to a random person) is quite common. Now I’m thinking of a cigar box for that page. I’m liking the rules so far. I hope you guys have success.
Man, a whole box full of premium cigars would cost a fortune, I would think. I like the idea of just bombing someone like that. Very cool idea... and generous.

In order to expedite things, could one not take out the tobacco(s) which he wishes to sample, replace what you took with your own contribution and then send the box on down the line?
I think that they've said that the problem last time, was over-generosity. Someone would smoke a few bowls out of several different blends, and then replace it with several different blends, which made the box HUGE. Well... that, and someone stealing the whole box. I guess someone has to balance out all of the good on here with huge acts of bad, ha ha.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I think that they've said that the problem last time, was over-generosity. Someone would smoke a few bowls out of several different blends, and then replace it with several different blends, which made the box HUGE. Well... that, and someone stealing the whole box. I guess someone has to balance out all of the good on here with huge acts of bad, ha ha.
I can certainly understand the desire to be generous. Reading through the posts about past experiences with delays, etc., I have the feeling that upon receipt of the box, I could quickly review the contents, take out what I wanted, replace what I took and have the box back in the mail off to the next recipient in the same day.

I can certainly understand the desire to be generous. Reading through the posts about past experiences with delays, etc., I have the feeling that upon receipt of the box, I could quickly review the contents, take out what I wanted, replace what I took and have the box back in the mail off to the next recipient in the same day.
You're just bragging... ha ha. JK

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Well...yeah. That's the way it's supposed to work.
But there's always people who think they're special.

Aug 1, 2012
I'm in if you'll have me (after you've read my post in the other thread that is).

EDIT: I guess I'm not allowed as no P.O. boxes are accepted and we've got a bad case of porch pirates in my area. I'd give my home address too as insurance but I'd rather not be the one who lost it because of assholes out of my control.
I do wish that my challenge to banning PO boxes had been answered as, like I said I would have been willing to provide a home address as well because I have problems in my area with people messing with packages but so it goes. I'm just being cranky and hurt...which honestly affects nobody but me. I'll just sit here being Eeyore 😛 Poor me, pour me...nnnn

Reactions: AroEnglish

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
What none is you realize is the box is composed of 15 different years of Clan, a few pouches of Captain Monochromatic and a pound of Mixture 79, couple of corn cob pipes and a package of pipe cleaners from the fellow that runs them through his washing machine with the weekly load of underwear.