PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
And it was hilarious. It was noted as having any tobacco product you may want. When I walked in, I was greeted with numerous glass pipes and the smell of incense. We know where this is going. But, since I was already in there, I asked if they had any pipe tobacco.

“Oh yeah, we’ve got PLENTY!”

I got excited and asked where it was and was directed around a corner to a shelf containing probably 15-20 different 1lb bags of RYO tobacco. I asked about pipe tobacco specifically and she told me all of their “high end/specialty” pipe tobacco was in the glass case. In spite of my surroundings, that got me somewhat excited. When I looked in the case, I couldn’t believe it. Every type of Captain Black was in there along with a smattering of cobs and super cheap meers (I almost bought one just for S’s & G’s). Yes, @Ahi Ka I almost bought some grape, too, just because.

Sandwiched between the pouches I saw a few tins (6 total). There were 4 different Ashton blends and 2 Peterson blends. Trying to be polite and support them a bit, I asked how much the tin of Artisan’s Blend was since I was in the mood for an English and figured what the heck. $35! I didn’t mean to laugh, but she started laughing with me. She then told me that “this is the really fancy stuff that we really only ever sell to the guys who buy the expensive $65 pipes, too.” I don’t think we were laughing for the same reason, though.

I bought a Bic and a Czech tool and left.