Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 4, 2023
Anchorage, Alaska
Hey folks! My name is Gary and I'm from Anchorage, Alaska. I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks and finally got around to joining. I'm new to smoking pipe, just a few months into it- and really enjoy it. I was introduced to pipes a few years ago, but didn't enjoy it due to smoking too fast, improper packing, not knowing how to tamp, etc...

This time around, I felt the desire to try again after remembering my grandfather enjoying his pipe daily. So this time I took the time to learn the right way (says YouTube) to smoke a pipe. Now, my pipe offers me relaxation and a chance to release stress and think... Plus, if I'm being honest- I truly feel cool and sophisticated smoking my pipe; like a new man I suppose?

I really enjoy some bulk blends our local pipe store offers: Nutty Irishman, Summers Day, and White Burley.
Some bulk blends from my local shop that I didn't like: Peaches and Cream, Classic Vanilla, Espresso.
Earlier this week, I picked up a tin of Petersons Nightcap and I was really impressed.

I smoke out of a Peterson Irish Harp (69) as well as a Meerschaum Pipe that my wonderful lady gifted to me for Christmas.

Looking forward to trying more non aromatics since after the Burley and Nightcap I don't really want to go back to aromatics..

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2023
Anchorage, Alaska
Welcome Alaska, I stayed in Sitka for around 4-5 months, absolutely loved, it and I still have my Alaskan drivers license, actually just renewed it last year and still drive on it, living out here. LOL 😆

Cough cough @alaskanpiper one of your local boys popped in. LOL 😆

Aloha 🤙
PipeIT- thanks for sharing! I sense a Kama’aina from your Aloha and Shaka?
I’m originally from Hawaii, been here in Alaska since 2004.

• Love
Reactions: PipeIT

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Haha thanks
@PipeIT

Hello Gary and welcome from Palmer, AK!

Short notice, but there is an Alaska Pipe Club meeting tomorrow (Friday the 6th) at 6pm at 5th Avenue Cigars new lounge in Anchorage if you can make it! There will likely be one other new member there as well. Membership is free and It’s totally fun and informal.

Also check out our club pages on Facebook and Instagram!

Welcome to the site, you will find it to be a wealth of knowledge, information, camaraderie, and enabling 😂

Cheers!

Frank