PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
That's encouraging to hear. It's been a few years since I have smoked this one, but I remember that the topping really overpowered the tobacco. I may have to revisit this one. But... my luck, I will get a tin on the day the slopy topping person soaks it in the stuff.

It's really hard to have a discussion about a blend where everyone in the conversation may be smoking something with completely different amounts of top[pings.
The tonquin is there but it doesn't overpower the tobacco like I'm used to. I literally folded , stuffed, and lit it off right out of the tin with only one relight.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I had not had this one since back in 2012 or so (cant remember), but man is it one I am glad I was able to get more of.

I am a bit of a nicotine addict, just being honest, but getting back into my pipes has helped me to cut back but 1792 didnt hit me at all and I didnt notice anything about it where I would say "Buyer Beware".

Even seeing it on Tobacco Reviews as Strong or Very Strong just doesnt make sense to me, but I am sure others may experience something if they puff it nonstop.

I also do not notice any topping. I know others have said its changed and varies, but for me, it was a rich smoke that I would imagine is reminiscent of older blends. Leather and dark dried fruits is really all that comes to mind, but its delicious in my opinion.

Only tobacco that ever gave me issues was MacB HH Rustica. Didnt much care for the flavor, but it just gave me bad reflux because of the taste it left in my mouth.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
So I have a quick update. I bought some tins of 1792 which I gave my opinion of at the beginning of the thread. When the boxes came out I got one and today I opened it to store in mylar. World of difference. The tin was relatively dry and the aroma was a notch above faint. What I got in the 8oz box was very moist/sticky and the aroma was strong. The boxed tobacco will require some dry time. I believe I will get another box as as I am more inclined to liking this blend overly drenched in topping. Cannon Plug was much the same, the topping would take your breath away.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
So I have a quick update. I bought some tins of 1792 which I gave my opinion of at the beginning of the thread. When the boxes came out I got one and today I opened it to store in mylar. World of difference. The tin was relatively dry and the aroma was a notch above faint. What I got in the 8oz box was very moist/sticky and the aroma was strong. The boxed tobacco will require some dry time. I believe I will get another box as as I am more inclined to liking this blend overly drenched in topping. Cannon Plug was much the same, the topping would take your breath away.
I will have to open my latest box to see the difference. If it is stronger than the tin I opened, then I will be smitten to the point of asking the smellier version to marry me.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Sounds like the tin had popped -- correct?

Reactions: FurCoat