PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
L. J. Peretti’s Thanksgiving Blend in the NASPC 2013 POY. (Note: this pipe was carved by Scott Thile, who made 30 of them. At Jeff Knoll’s request, he made a slightly smaller version for me, because I found the bowl size in the original to be a bit large for my preferences. It’s still a fairly good-sized pipe, but it works well for my needs. I usually smoke Seattle’s Plum Pudding in it, though the Thanksgiving Blend performs like a dream.

1110D8ED-7327-47DF-B71F-8234CD51A1C1.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
First pipe in over a month.
Last month I tried starting a campfire along with my pipe and almost started a grass fire, but now with the world covered in solidified water I can make campfires anywhere and everywhere to my heart's content and just walk away from a burning log care free.

Tonight I had a bowl of Frog Morton Cellar, and a 50/50 blend of GH Kendal Kentucky and Sutliff Red VA, smoked in a pair of freshly re-drilled Tsuge "The Tasting" pipes (that used to cost a lot less than they do now).
(The skinny shank Chimney pipe is only a 3.5mm bore through 2/3 of the stem, finishing at the original factory 3mm. The Pot is bored halfway at 4mm, then 3.5mm to the button.)

View attachment 181359

Less than a year ago these pipes were selling for $60 a piece, they're nearly double that now.
I've had the Tsuge Tasting (23) on my SP wish list for a few months and in that time the price went from $80 to $100.

How do you like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.