PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Perique's effectiveness comes from the blending. Being a burley itself, I haven't noticed much change in straight perique that I keep for smoking neat that I've had for several years.
This particular barrel was unique and quite different than Mark's other product. I remember when he introduced me to it at the WCPS, I think in 2016. He was showing me various different Periques that he had brought for sale, and what I was searching for was something with the fruitiness that the Perique took on in the A&C Peterson version of Escudo after years of aging. Although it was labeled as decade aged in the label, it had actually been in the barrel for closer to 15 years and it had that fruitiness the others lacked. Glad I bought a few tubs of it.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
The rumor is that Cringle Flake 2022 is just left over tobacco stems from the listed components. You don't want it.
Ya, same. I heard it will really suck this year, so don't buy it. I'll do you all a favour and buy as much as I can just to get if off the market so you don't accidently buy some. Hate for you to be disappointed. nnnn

• Haha
Reactions: Elric

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
This reminds me I haven't even tried the tin of 2021 I bought. I came down with covid shortly after ordering it and I couldn't smell or taste for 5 months. I'm going to try it out and then decide whether this year's version will be different enough to pick some up.

JSPiper71

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Shhh... this is not the blend you are looking for.View attachment 180093
Actually Mr. Sutliff saw my post and he DM'd me to say that CK is now coming out on December 4th, not the 3rd as was originally planned. So everyone needs to reset their calendar notifications. Honestly, Mr. Sutliff DM'd me directly to tell me...... ;)

JSPiper71

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
For anyone who hasn't seen it, tobacco pipes is running a drawing for a 4 (!) Pound block. They say the release is the 2nd at midnight eastern.
Do me a favour and post the link. I don't see it anywhere when I go on their site. Maybe because of the way I spell favour they filter out those from outside the US!?!?