PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
The first bowl after the final "repairs" of my first 8€ clay pipe and probably the last photo of it for a while,
I expect a package with some goodies to arrive tomorrow and new pictures with it. Honestly!
But for now hear this, if you will:

This clay pipe is cheap and broken twice but very dear to me. I refused to let it go and made the current hemp twine bind final by soaking the crucial parts in plastic glue,
because that's what I had available. Shank and knot were glued, they're now as hard as wood and even produce a satisfying sound when you tap on them.
I bet dollars to peanuts that the pipe is now stronger than before, except for the clay sticking out.

It stands upright on its own, nothing wobbles, it feels good all around and it's got my personal touch.
Now it's as fancy as a bird. Well, at least a pigeon.

20220915_202627 - Copy.jpg

@halfdan and any friend of the clay
Try a twine bind on one of your clays some day, I feel like it makes them smoke better and cooler!
Seems logical too... Thicker chamber with more air padding and all. Break, fix, reinforce, enjoy. puffy
Let me know what you think.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
A friend brought over some pear brandy earlier and after we finished an awful lot of it I decided that I hadn’t irritated the neighbour’s in ages so I busted out the vinyl. At the moment it’s The White Stripes but they’ve also had to put up with Fugazi and Nick Cave for the last few hours.
In the meantime I’ve been smoking Bayou Night in the White Longchamp and moving on to Black Frigate in this Italian made Commodore cutty which also calls for a more relaxing sound so it’s CSN&Y on the turntable next. image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A friend brought over some pear brandy earlier and after we finished an awful lot of it I decided that I hadn’t irritated the neighbour’s in ages so I busted out the vinyl. At the moment it’s The White Stripes but they’ve also had to put up with Fugazi and Nick Cave for the last few hours.
In the meantime I’ve been smoking Bayou Night in the White Longchamp and moving on to Black Frigate in this Italian made Commodore cutty which also calls for a more relaxing sound so it’s CSN&Y on the turntable next. View attachment 169429
@Birddog66 Got your message!
My pipe abstinence is only for 1 month. Got 5 bags of rubbish today!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
In the meantime I’ve been smoking Bayou Night in the White Longchamp and moving on to Black Frigate in this Italian made Commodore cutty which also calls for a more relaxing sound so it’s CSN&Y on the turntable next. View attachment 169429
@Birddog66 Black Frigate sounds like a baccy for @Chasing Embers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.