PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Well, I ordered a new pipe due to arrive Friday according to the tracking, so yesterday I went to the B&M to pick up another inexpensive leather pipe stand. My Mac Baren HH Burly flake came today, popped the seal on the tin and giving it 24 hours to rest before trying it out.

Meanwhile, the B&M gave me a sample of the Sutliff Black Cordial when I went in yesterday, so that's what I'm having this afternoon and saving the HH Burley Flake for tomorrow. So far, I like it... generally not the biggest fan of aros, but this one is good. Great smell on the char light, taste lighter on smoking and unlike many aros, doesn't burn my nose on a retrohale. Might have to go back and buy a few ounces of this stuff.

PXL_20220720_202107743.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Early evening 1/2 bowl of Country Squire Green Dragon in a newly cleaned 38 yr old(ish) Savinelli 2614KS with 6mm charcoal filter watching a couple of Monarch Butterflies make a pit stop in the yard during their migration. One yellow blue black, the other black purple and blue. They feed on the milk weed on the hill which is approximately 96% of their diet which is why I didn't cut it down even though its a big weed.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Breaking in my second unsmoked acquisition. This one is a straight smooth squat apple. It is also one of those 1950’s, found in an attic somewhere in France, Brulor Mowbray pipes purchased on Etsy from Bruno Nuttens. The other one is a squat Rhodesian. I removed the shiny finish with some Everclear on a cotton pad.
Wow, these pipes are a steal at approx $28 each.
C&D Three Friars and a glass of Kirkland Irish.
Happy hump day to you working stiffs!4232B862-6EC4-4268-8016-6FAEC641502B.jpeg

Skink

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
Thanks buddy. The end of the shank is the original plateau edge of the stummel, I just counter bored it to seat the stem.
Good call on that design choice. I'm a fan of rough sawn wood, live edges, old wood, and artisan work, so that detail instantly caught my eye. Looking forward to the next rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.