PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to work now as I look through my audio books to decide which one to listen to next.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I agree, the history of clays is fascinating. And they smoke really well. I've seen your videos, and you smoke very fast, almost aggressively! I can't do that. I use pipe smoking as relaxation. But hey, to each is own, right brother?
@Carol I used to worry about the pipe going out; I'm not puffing like a steam train now! When I go to the Jamestown re-enactment I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last...

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Tried some C&D Engine 99 in my "birth-year Dunhill" tonight. I'm not sure what to think of this mixture, I always like it at the beginning of the smoke, but am over it by the end of the bowl. This Dunhill is one of the smallest Pipes in my entire collection, so I thought that would help with the issue. It didn't, smoked the same as always. I guess 99 is just not my cup of tea.

003-016-0234.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.