PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shane1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2014
Connecticut, USA
Who make good quality 9mm filter pipes. 9mm filter pipes are my preferred pipe but was well all know, all pipes are not created equal and filter pipes are no different. What I have noticed with filter pipes specifically is that the chamber that the hold the filer is different sizes among different pipes. It should be a “tight fit” so that the smoke goes through the filter and not around. Anyone else experience this and have you found a dependable manufacturer? I have not had any of these issues with Vauen so far but I am looking for a little variety. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ak2000

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Savinelli balsa pipes work good for me with non English blends like aromatics. Plus I like the fact that I can easily make my own filters for about 10% the cost of buying them. puffy

Reactions: briarbuda48

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Grabow, Savinelli and Missouri Meerschaum all have the same tight fit for their filters. However, they don't really filter the smoke, they just keep moisture from reaching your mouth and or bowl.

Reactions: El Capitán

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
If I’m using a filter, it is most likely a 9mm balsa. If I am smoking a tobacco that is known to bite me, I will use a Vauen which helps in my opinion. The non balsa, charcoal filters do mute the flavors but not enough to prevent me from using them on occasion.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Peterson Derry range of 9mm pipes are excellent smokers.They are also very reasonable price wise.
My favourite 9mm pipes are Danish made Danske Club pipes.I have a nos 85 fully bent billiard and a freehand nos 63.