Forgot Where I Left Some Tobacco, and Still Can't Find It!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Have you ever felt that you had a blend open and jarred for a few years, but you can't seem to be able to find it? I have my jars all in one place. That said, I was a compulsive buyer for years, you know, major TAD issues. I was always looking for something new, so I have about 80 jars of different blends on the wall. I was looking for my jar of Peterson's Hyde Park but couldn't seem to find it anywhere. So I set about to find an unopened tin, that I was sure that I had in my cellar. My cellar is highly disorganized unlike my jars, so it took a lot of time but I did find it. Dated: 12/16. Just before opening it, I made a search of my open jars one more time, but no luck. I'll probably run across it sometime, but maybe not. I'm having lots of senior moments lately! I'm smoking it not in a Peterson, surprise, surprise, but true to my OCD self, in a pipe I've had for years. A Hyde Park by Comoy's! ?
DSCF9398.jpeg

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I put things where I know they will be easy to find. Ha. like that helps! I'll go to a store to pick up an item and when I get home I realize I'd picked up everything but what I went for. Well, look at it this way, you will enjoy it twice as much when you finally find it, and then you will remember that you found it exactly where you put it.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
About 20 years ago, when we moved into this house, a box of our stuff disappeared (damn thieving movers). In it, among other things, were 13 unopened tins of Sullivan's Special Mixture. I hate to think what they did with them and what they would be worth today.... :mad:

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I could've sworn that I bought a tin of Briar Fox and left it in a drawer at my in-laws for when I came back the following year. It never happened. I completely imagined the whole thing. Still a little confused about it, but the best explanation I can think of is that I intended to do it, and planned it all out in my head while looking at the tin on the shelf, and then changed my mind. ?‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus