Oct 12, 2011

Savinelli: Doblone d'Oro in a Meer...​

rP13gZe.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
My chest infection has cleared up enough to get me back on the pipe full time thank heavens.
I’m having Magnum Opus in a Comoys Smoke King bulldog at the mo.
I saw this amazing clay pipe bowl on a archeology program called Digging for Britain that follows digs all around the country. This bowl was found at the site of a former wool merchant in the town of Rochford near Manchester in the north of England. Just thought I’d share it as it’s pretty interesting. View attachment 122427View attachment 122428
@Birddog66 Do you think I'd like to smoke that clay pipe if it was complete???
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Giving the pipes a couple of days rest; getting a bit too windy ?️ to smoke a clay.
Going to smoke one of my Jamestown clays when I go to see Redcoats and Revolutionaries at Cromford Mill in May. Still got a few packets of Gawith baccy to smoke in the clay pipes; should I save them for the re-enactment weekend or smoke them and get some Virginia baccy like Yorktown or Patriot Flake???

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barbecue chicken thighs and pinto beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. It's snowing again.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.