PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ragin Cajun

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2021
New iberia, LA
Stopped by a local smoke shop today while i had some time to kill and bought a MM cob. i don't know what model it is . It's about a 1/4 bent. Smoked it today with some MacB Plum Cake, which i also bought at the same time, and it was fine, The whole time i smoked it, though, the same stupid song kept bouncing around in my head: " I'm Popeye The Sailor man, I'm Popeye The Sailor Man..." Is this normal with cobs, Especially the first one?

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
Stopped by a local smoke shop today while i had some time to kill and bought a MM cob. i don't know what model it is . It's about a 1/4 bent. Smoked it today with some MacB Plum Cake, which i also bought at the same time, and it was fine, The whole time i smoked it, though, the same stupid song kept bouncing around in my head: " I'm Popeye The Sailor man, I'm Popeye The Sailor Man..." Is this normal with cobs, Especially the first one?
No your crazy. Lol. Enjoy your cob

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

Totally normal and it only gets worse. Strongly recommend lots of leafy greens. I like my cobs and still prefer them for burley blends and anything topped.

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
No. Popeye's pipe was straight.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
0ADF5B17-65C0-43D4-B52B-0E8588AF10CA.jpeg
Thats in the lobby of the building I work in.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
why do you think some people prefer cobs over briar? If that doesn't happen go to the E.R. tell them you think you're having a stroke or other brain related issue

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
Never thought about Popeye, but here in the hills, it can make a cousin look pretty good.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Only for those familiar with the song! Sounds right normal to me. And now you'll have created the same for many who light up cobs this evening.

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Wallace, NC (near the coast)
You're me! OCD is my vice when it comes to something like a new pipe. Especially one with Popeye & MM. Just enjoy singing, enjoy your pipe, and it will pass. Nice to see levity in this sometimes TOO serious a game when it's just a pleasurable hobby... Best & Luck, LeRoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: anotherbob

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes that wierd part inside the bowl is normal. It will fill with cake just fine.

Sorry, I was expecting another "goofy shank inside bowl" thread.

Now that song is stuck in my head....