PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Title says it all. I already have 2 lbs of OJK, looking for bulk options that are very strong nicotine wise. I'd like to keep it as close to cheap as possible, but it doesn't have to be $38 /lb cheap, ya know? I'm willing to pay a bit more. My experiments with wild tobacco have been dismal, it's too thick to shred and burns so freaking slow. Any recommendations would be welcome. At this point I'm considering just mixing C&D dark Burley with DFK and perique, but I'd rather have a nice blend that hits this mark. I am not opposed to a bit of topping either.

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Why smoke a pipe if nicotine is your primary objective? I'd smoke cigars and inhale them. Smoking a pipe when nicotine consumption is your objective is like buying a Volvo when you want something fast and sporty. If you just like a pipe in your mouth, stuff a cigar in your pipe and smoke it.
As a chain cigarette smoker, getting nicotine from my pipe is just a bonus.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Why smoke a pipe if nicotine is your primary objective? I'd smoke cigars and inhale them. Smoking a pipe when nicotine consumption is your objective is like buying a Volvo when you want something fast and sporty. If you just like a pipe in your mouth, stuff a cigar in your pipe and smoke it.
I used Copenhagen for nicotine leveling for decades, then quit it, and subsequently had to switch to pipe blends that would do the trick.
I never wanted to inhale. Dark Plug checks all the boxes.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Couple of reasons. One, nicotine is t my primary objective, I just want to have my cellar filled with plenty of strong, strong tobacco. I smoke blends all the time that have mild nicotine. Two, don't want to inhale, snuff, or dip. I want to get the nicotine from the smoke. I hear you, though. Also, I have plenty of cigars but once again they are expensive and I save them for special occasions.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I like Hoosiers idea of chopping cigars. You could press these first so they resemble birds eye coins, and it might bring out some more sweetness.

Have you tried experimenting with how you smoke?

Maybe you need something like strang? Appreciate its hard to get stateside, so try making some boom juice for your blends by mixing WLT perique and dark fired 50:50

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Couple of reasons. One, nicotine is t my primary objective, I just want to have my cellar filled with plenty of strong, strong tobacco. I smoke blends all the time that have mild nicotine. Two, don't want to inhale, snuff, or dip. I want to get the nicotine from the smoke. I hear you, though. Also, I have plenty of cigars but once again they are expensive and I save them for special occasions.
Fair enough, thanks. I wish I found the flavors of the stronger nicotine blends as pleasant add the milder ones. That's just me though. It's almost like it's inversely proportional.