PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
6-7 year old Joya de Nicaragua Antano Doble Fuerte Dark Corojo.

Cold draw is chocolate/cedar.

First 1/3 rd is unsweetened dark chocolate, leather, cedar notes in the background. There’s a soda/bituminous note from the Ligero. Has some real strength for a cigar that’s been aging for 6-7 years.

Beginning of the second 1/3rd a syrupy sweetness and caramel notes on the initial draw, followed by floral notes. Black pepper notes follow up on the retrohale. There’s still a nice undercurrent of the strong Ligero.

At the halfway mark I’m getting some citrus notes. This is a flavor bomb… The Ligero follows close in the background, like a detective, just waiting to make his arrest. Coming into the last 1/3rd now, and I’m beginning to feel a slight nicotine buzz.

I’m picking up some espresso notes.

The Ligero kicks up a few notches, and there’s some baking spices that follow. A caramelized sweetness underlying.

The burn gets a little wonky at the end. Under an inch left, but I don’t want it to end. Burning my lips and fingertips, so this ones done…

Nice even burn all the way up to the end. Draw was fabulous throughout. I’m a little dizzy. That happens very rarely. I might have to go lay down. ??

This is a top notch smoke.

View attachment 101723View attachment 101724View attachment 101725
I used to smoke those, or one in that line. Big, strong cigar. No demerits for having to go lay down afterward after smoking it that far down. You did it justice.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
@danimalia it was a war! Probably the best heavyweight fight of this modern era. When boxing delivers, it over-delivers!
Damn, maybe I should start paying more argentine and U definitely need to catch a replay. I've got some good memories of being a kid and watching big fights with my Dad. Holyfield, De la Hoya, Roy Jones Jr, etc... I guess kids these days might watch big fights with their families, too, but it's UFC. I don't particularly enjoy UFC but they definitely make great, compelling fights that people want to see.

Crowned Heads Four Kicks with a bit of espresso from a homemade mix of beans from Yemen, India and Kenya.

20211013_184854.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Damn, maybe I should start paying more argentine and U definitely need to catch a replay. I've got some good memories of being a kid and watching big fights with my Dad. Holyfield, De la Hoya, Roy Jones Jr, etc... I guess kids these days might watch big fights with their families, too, but it's UFC. I don't particularly enjoy UFC but they definitely make great, compelling fights that people want to see.

Crowned Heads Four Kicks with a bit of espresso from a homemade mix of beans from Yemen, India and Kenya.

View attachment 102488
Lol, the autocorrect did a number on me. That first sentence should say that I should pay more attention to boxing, and that I need to catch a replay of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.