PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
This is why it is so dang hard for me to pull the trigger on one of the expensive pipes when you can get something like this Savinelli handmade estate pipe (from SP) for $85...I just bought it...don't care about Carmel Pipe Shop, who they are or what they are and never will, it's just a nice looking pipe for a measly $85. I'll most likely treat this pipe like crap like I do all my pipes, but who cares at this price?

004-006-30345.7189.jpg

Italian Estates: Savinelli Hand Made Smooth Bent Billiard with Silver (for Carmel Pipe Shop) (6mm) (Unsmoked)​

Product Number: 004-006-30345​

While clearly a bent Billiard, this handmade rendition from Savinelli displays design cues that speak strongly of the Italian marque's penchant for the dramatic. The bowl rises proudly past two inches in a steady, nearly straight taper, and is joined to an uplifted shank boldly rotund and crowned with a sterling silver band. It is wearing a handsome mahogany stain over smooth finish, illuminating a stunning vertical grain and flecks of birdseye on the slightly inflated and chamfered rim. Unsmoked.
-Joel Balyeat

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Rock & Roll!!!
Enjoy that pipe to death!!! The pipe's death... ummm... not yours.
Had to find one actually, running low on pipes right now, down to 12 which doesn't bode well for the way I rotate them out. I also got a MM/BW black stoker the other day which isn't here yet. I'm always looking at SP estates, and every once in a while something like this comes up...and they make it hard to pass it up.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This is why it is so dang hard for me to pull the trigger on one of the expensive pipes when you can get something like this Savinelli handmade estate pipe (from SP) for $85...I just bought it...don't care about Carmel Pipe Shop, who they are or what they are and never will, it's just a nice looking pipe for a measly $85. I'll most likely treat this pipe like crap like I do all my pipes, but who cares at this price?

View attachment 64065

Italian Estates: Savinelli Hand Made Smooth Bent Billiard with Silver (for Carmel Pipe Shop) (6mm) (Unsmoked)​

While clearly a bent Billiard, this handmade rendition from Savinelli displays design cues that speak strongly of the Italian marque's penchant for the dramatic. The bowl rises proudly past two inches in a steady, nearly straight taper, and is joined to an uplifted shank boldly rotund and crowned with a sterling silver band. It is wearing a handsome mahogany stain over smooth finish, illuminating a stunning vertical grain and flecks of birdseye on the slightly inflated and chamfered rim. Unsmoked.
-Joel Balyeat
I used to visit the Carmel Pipe shop whenever I visited the Central Coast. Just a great old time shop with an excellent selection of pipes, cigars, and tobaccos. Tiny and mighty!
carmetl_Pipe_Shop.jpg

Carmel_Pipe_Shop2.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa

View attachment 64065

-Joel Balyeat
Haha, you should care! We had an extended vacation to Northern California last summer and when we were walking about Carmel it was my wife who noticed the little pipe shop so we stopped in, met the owner who was really nice and given we'd just seen Bing's old house at Pebble Beach while I was out playing (!) I ended up with a Bing's favorite! Cool little shop.