SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
Was going to head inside from the garage, but it sounds like it's raining. So I might as well have another. Ryback in my meer apple.
This one's starting to color very strangely.

View attachment 101452

Meers color with the "grain" on the block piece and they're kind of like white of white cauliflower text. My smooth prince by Nate King is starting to color with some very interesting marks on the stem:

J3komoTl.jpg

- - -

Whole leaf blend. Dark stoved full va per.

Dark stoved red Virginia and black stoved bright Virginia and a full helping of perique(25%). No bright notes here, just deep stoved goodness with lots of fruitiness and an almost graham cracker thing going on. And of course lots of spice! Just for the first half bowl, then it settles down into a nice full Virginia smoke. Then the black stoved bright va, pokes its head out sometimes and it’s a real creamy smoke. Maybe I should add more next time?

65% dark stoved red virginia(about 6 hours, dark brown with some black patches)
10% black stoved bright Virginia
25% perique

Ribbon cut and it still burns nice and cool. Through a beat up(or well used) Altinay lattice billiard. Got it for like 10$ on eBay cause it was missing the stem and there was slight cracks in the mortise. Just wrapped it with some waxed thread and got a stem and was good to go. Has been a good one I don’t smoke often enough. It’s starting to colour a bit more, but it had most of its patina there when I got it.

View attachment 101451

Would love to see pics of your blends next time. So curious how your home grown stuff may/may not differ from OTC stuff.

- - -

Balkan Supreme in Peterson SH Lestrade. Always good.

View attachment 101510

Love this shape, reminiscent of an Ardor I once had.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Kohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG Meistermischung No. 66 in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Community Coffee,neat, is my drink. Watching the White Sox-Astros game as I work on a review of this blend.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg