What is the Best Tip or Advice You've Ever Gotten About Smoking a Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

This not only applies to pipes, but everything. "Never tell a cowboy how to ride his horse, but if he asks, then help him."
I am not about to suggest something to someone I see doing something wrong. But, if they ask for help, I will do my best to adequately help.

My wife on the other hand, not only tells me to do things, she tells me how she wants it done. I am constantly telling her that she can tell me what or how, but never both.

I see all sorts of people doing stuff the wrong way. But, I have to remind myself that it is not my place to go straightening out the world. But, when I step into a smoking lounge and someone is setting there puffing big billowing clouds of cherry aromatic smoke, I will set on the other side of the room... heck, I may just decide to smoke outside. puffy

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Does beer count as alcohol? No, I don't think it ought to. I can follow that advice now ?
I’ve given up beer and wine, and might have a glass of whiskey or gin maybe once every few months - and never while smoking anymore.

I do miss it quite a lot, but I’ve noticed that they just don’t sit right with my body anymore. I also pick up on heaps more of the preservatives in them than I used too and it almost works as a slight anaesthetic on my palette. This change has occurred while our family has undergone some significant stresses and I have changed from being someone who smokes maybe once or twice a week to atleast once every day.

Reactions: UncleRasta

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Countersink the tenon, if your pipe smokes wet & gurgles. That's been about the best practical tip I've been given. Oh! Don't smoke Clan!! That was the other one. Life's too short to smoke that rubbish.