PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
can't say. Honestly there are so many factors involved. Personal chemistry for instance can influence how quickly and how much nicotine you get from a blend. This can change from moment to moment. So what's strongest for me might be not so strong for you. There are lots of experiments you could do from time of day and diet to see how you can personally up your nic absorption per blend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's sort of the point. GLP is wide ranging with many themes and variations, nuanced and original. Something for everyone with that level of experience and taste.

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Wallace, NC (near the coast)
I mean Latakia kick & strength, not NIC. I should be more clear. Hope I'm not asking too many questions. Someone said I did. I'll cut back, but I want & trust your opinions Thanks, LeRoy.

Reactions: DAR

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I don’t know what’s stronger in lat spark plug or gaslight. I’ve only had gaslight and that’s also a English plug by gl pease.

I don’t know which of the GL Pease blends have the highest percentage of Latakia.

However, if you are equating more Latakia with a fuller flavor, that is an oversimplification. How a Latakia blend will taste will also depend on the interplay of the other constituent tobaccos- That is why Pipe tobacco are almost always a blend.

GL Pease has a lot of Latakia based English and Balkans. What I would recommend is select a few to smoke and find out where your tastes take you.

If you are looking for bolder blends, try Gaslight or Quiet Nights. Or try any you prefer, reading up tobacco reviews. Or try the first 5 recommendation other forum members make. It can be an exciting journey.

My favorite GL Pease English blend is Westminster, which has medium amount of Latakia.

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
FORGIVE THE ALL CAP. OZPIPER & all members. I DID LOOK ON TOBACCO REVIEWS, ALL THE TIME... I WANT THEIR KNOWLEDGE TOO, ALONG W/ THEIR READERS OPINIONS & KNOWLEDGE. I ALSO WANT FORUM MEMBERS OPINIONS!!! I ALWAYS, ALWAYS GO TO TOBACCO reviews. 1ST. WILL YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. I'M NOT LAZY! JUST HAVE OCD W/ A DISIBILITY AND WANT TO KNOW MORE & MORE... THANKS, LEROY

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Ask 3 people and you may get 3 different opinions.
Even if all 3 are in agreement, your own experience may be completely different.

I look at TobaccoReviews all the time, but there are a handful of reviewers (Jiminks and Pipestud) whose opinions I place most weight on.

I have a wine buddy, who only buys 98-100 point wines, often at great cost. Are those wines all good ? Some are sensational, and some I wouldn't have more than a sip.

Nothing like trying and trusting your own palate.

Reactions: lawdawg

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Ask 3 people and you may get 3 different opinions.
Even if all 3 are in agreement, your own experience may be completely different.

I look at TobaccoReviews all the time, but there are a handful of reviewers (Jiminks and Pipestud) whose opinions I place most weight on.

I have a wine buddy, who only buys 98-100 point wines, often at great cost. Are those wines all good ? Some are sensational, and some I wouldn't have more than a sip.

Nothing like trying and trusting your own palate.
THANKS OZPIPER FOR ALL. HOPING I WAS NOT BEING OFFENSIVE. TOO MANY FOLKS DOING THAT WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS. TOO MANY THEY SAY.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I have only had GLP's Gaslight from his Lat blends, felt it has too much Latakia for my taste.

Decades-long internet forum and chat etiquette (been on chat rooms and fora since 1999) dictates that all-caps is annoying to read, I am not a mod here, this is just a friendly reminder.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
THANKS OZPIPER FOR ALL. HOPING I WAS NOT BEING OFFENSIVE. TOO MANY FOLKS DOING THAT WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS. TOO MANY THEY SAY.
No offensive at all. Do ask as many questions as you like
Just that a lot of queries have already been covered many times before and a search will easily bring up the old threads on those subjects

Asking of opinions always attract lots of answers, as we Are an opiniated lot here. Unfortunately not always the same which only tends to lead to more confusion. ?

I find it best to form my own opinions - it's what I like or I am comfortable with rather than a consensus.

Reactions: wolflarsen

Boognish

Lurker
Apr 3, 2021
Maine
FORGIVE THE ALL CAP. OZPIPER & all members. I DID LOOK ON TOBACCO REVIEWS, ALL THE TIME... I WANT THEIR KNOWLEDGE TOO, ALONG W/ THEIR READERS OPINIONS & KNOWLEDGE. I ALSO WANT FORUM MEMBERS OPINIONS!!! I ALWAYS, ALWAYS GO TO TOBACCO reviews. 1ST. WILL YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. I'M NOT LAZY! JUST HAVE OCD W/ A DISIBILITY AND WANT TO KNOW MORE & MORE... THANKS, LEROY
This is just a guess but I am trying to help. If you are using caps lock to make your text larger because it's easier to see, then you can change the size of text in your account preferences.