PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok, that was no fun at all. i luckily got vaccinated before I got the disease. It was like being in a different world. I would wake up and have no idea who I was or where I was. I had a fever for maybe a week tops. I had to use a puffer for a while. I lost time as I don't remember when I got it or how long I had it for. The last date I remember was sometime late in August.

I never lost my sense of smell or taste and I am smoking my pipe for the first time since I got it. This thing is no joke boys and girls. If it can kick my ass it can get most as I have never gotten the flue shot or the flue

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Everyone I've known who has had it says it is a totally stinker, and for some it hangs on. I follow all the medical advice. I'm glad you got through this and feel well enough to smoke a pipe. I think it was an urban legend, but at one point early in the epidemic, it was proposed that smoking had some kind of preventative effect, but probably not.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Glad to hear you are feeling better Harris. Was that how you described your symtoms, "Doctor, I feel like I was given a swift kick in the nuts!" ?

Do not post this imbecilic crap. One warning point. - Kevin Godbee

Fact Check.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Ok, that was no fun at all. i luckily got vaccinated before I got the disease. It was like being in a different world. I would wake up and have no idea who I was or where I was. I had a fever for maybe a week tops. I had to use a puffer for a while. I lost time as I don't remember when I got it or how long I had it for. The last date I remember was sometime late in August.

I never lost my sense of smell or taste and I am smoking my pipe for the first time since I got it. This thing is no joke boys and girls. If it can kick my ass it can get most as I have never gotten the flue shot or the flue

Welcome back.

You’re flue cured!

Am I the only one who finds it really funny?

Reactions: upnorth1 and Casual

captaincalabash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Texas
@cigrmaster Yeah, "the COVID" done got me, too. Laid me low for the 17-day duration (including 5 days in the hospital). Never lost my sense of smell or taste, but didn't eat at all for about 3 days in a row. Ended up with some damage to the lungs, but have almost fully recovered now. My mental processes slowed down a bit, but I didn't suffer quite as much as you described. I never got the vaccine, so I can't say whether it would have helped or not. In addition, I had a sinus infection coming on at the same time, so I'm not sure how much of a part that played in my experience with COVID. All-in-all, not fun! Bright spot: I should now have antibodies which are said to be as good as or better than the vaccine. Sure feels good to be recovering, doesn't it?

• Wow
Reactions: philobeddoe

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Any idea how you contracted? This would be useful information for all.
I was as careful as anyone could be until I got my vaccine shot. For over a year I left my house once to go to a doctor. I never let anyone around me who could have gotten it. I am sure I got it from one of my sons or one of my daughters as each one was working in a retail store. I let my guard down because I had the vaccine and that was stupid of me.

Even if you get a shot, you are not immune, don't let your guard down even for a minute, trust me you are not totally immune even with the shot. I had the Johnson and Johnson and was ready to take the booster as soon as I could. I am still going to take the booster as soon as I can. I am not rolling the dice on this thing. I am positive that the shot made my symptoms much less than if I hadn't gotten the shot.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
@cigrmaster Yeah, "the COVID" done got me, too. Laid me low for the 17-day duration (including 5 days in the hospital). Never lost my sense of smell or taste, but didn't eat at all for about 3 days in a row. Ended up with some damage to the lungs, but have almost fully recovered now. My mental processes slowed down a bit, but I didn't suffer quite as much as you described. I never got the vaccine, so I can't say whether it would have helped or not. In addition, I had a sinus infection coming on at the same time, so I'm not sure how much of a part that played in my experience with COVID. All-in-all, not fun! Bright spot: I should now have antibodies which are said to be as good as or better than the vaccine. Sure feels good to be recovering, doesn't it?
I know this isn’t a covid conversation friendly site, but vaccines are important, even if you already have gotten covid. I think it is important to keep medical information honest and free of personal biases more appropriate for whether to wash or not wash pipes after smoking. I am not suggesting anyone or you feel different, just adding to the conversation.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Cap, glad to hear you are feeling better. I am 63 so I decided to take the shot and I am glad I did. I know I would have been much worse without it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Even if you get a shot, you are not immune, don't let your guard down even for a minute, trust me you are not totally immune even with the shot. I had the Johnson and Johnson and was ready to take the booster as soon as I could. I am still going to take the booster as soon as I can. I am not rolling the dice on this thing. I am positive that the shot made my symptoms much less than if I hadn't gotten the shot.
Hi Harris,
Wow, I'm sorry you got sick and am relieved that you're on the mend. Your supposition is spot on. While none of the vaccines can guarantee complete immunity, and were not presented as such, the data proves that they are effective at mitigating the severity of symptoms should a breakthrough occur.

You can bet your sweet ass I'm getting the booster when it is offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.