PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I've really come to appreciate clays after my first one a few weeks back. Number two is on it's way! A Markus Fohr Ship of the Line. That will be my first "all clay" pipe. The one I currently smoke, Markus Fohr Aluminum Band, has a 'regular' bit attached.
@--dante-- I've never had one with a regular stem but @condorlover1 has one. I've got some Markus Fohr clay pipes and they smoke very well but tend to become more heavily stained with smoking than English clay pipes...
32 minutes is the best smoking time with my clay without relighting!
I still don't know how Cavendish at Bolsover Castle made his clay pipe of baccy last more than an hour; I couldn't make mine last that long!
After my long slow smoulder in the churchyard there was still a bit of unburned tobacco left in the clay bowl - does this mean that something is wrong???

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Found 2 working lighters, 2 unopened bottles of Budweiser, a bottle of water and a nearly full packet of cigarettes this week; the things people leave without realising:)
Gave the cigarettes away after smoking a couple of them.
Showed a couple of people my clay pipe smoking competition winning smokes; one let me have a cigarette and another gave me a can of Strongbow cider today!
Still not heard from @Maddogsmokers yet regarding my prize:-(

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Mix of GH&Co Dark Plug, Cavendish, Virginia’s in a Morgan Bones Arbutus Apple Sitter.

4-BC5-CE83-1-B47-483-B-B590-A42-E883-F28-B3.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon smoke of Sutliff 1849 in a blue Balandis pipe and espresso.View attachment 92155
What do you think of the 1849? I was gonna put some of that and English Crumble Cake in my next order. I’m bummed that I missed out on the Cringle and Barrel aged Ltd Edition but I think they were gone long before I first used SP anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.