PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Since dat Eddie Rob'nson fella is star'ng in dis movie "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes," I'ma smokin' circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli Hand Made flat bottom sitter with a square shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat is my drink, see! Myeah!
Savinelli_HandMade_Sitter.jpg
EGRobinson copy.jpg

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
I am not sure if it's double stamped and I have not been able to find the date codes for it. I would be interested in learning more. Thanks.
Also the amber stem is very fragile as @jiminks was saying earlier so I may wrap it with vinyl tape when I smoke it again.

Front and back pics posted below.

J.B. without frame
Ernest Vincent BROWN trading as Josiah BROWN - Nottingham
CHE
tobacconist and importer

View attachment 79791
View attachment 79792
Just getting back to you with another example of a previous owner's initials on the ferrule:-
20210516_202623.jpg
20210516_202721.jpg20210516_202752.jpg
St Bruno Flake in my grandfather’s meerschaum. Perfect.View attachment 80381
Snap!
Love those elegant Tanga/Amboseli S. African meer Zulus from the 1970s:-
20210516_201827.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Back up in the Sierras here in Northern California, enjoying yet another pipe of Wessex campaign in this 9 mm pipe from Germany that my wife brought me back. It’s my first 9 mm pipe, and I can’t say I notice any loss of taste while using the charcoal filter.View attachment 80397
Your wife has good taste. Stout, yet elegant. I like it.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Just getting back to you with another example of a previous owner's initials on the ferrule:-
View attachment 80403
View attachment 80402View attachment 80405

Snap!
Love those elegant Tanga/Amboseli S. African meer Zulus from the 1970s:-
View attachment 80401
Yes, your picture above definitely looks like an after market customization. I found information on TOBACCONISTS, PIPE MAKERS AND MOUNTERS HALLMARKS: J - http://www.silvercollection.it/DICTIONARYTOBACCONISTJ.html
J.B. without frame
Ernest Vincent BROWN trading as Josiah BROWN - Nottingham
CHE
tobacconist and importer

It seems that it may have been the initials if the importer of the pipe. Either way thanks for the information, it appreciated.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Birdwatching time again! Balkan Sasieni in my newly acquired Savinelli Miele 611 KS bent dublin. I freaking love this pipe. I also have a Miele brand vacuum cleaner, but that's a story unto itself... :LOL:

View attachment 80391
Even though it looks a bit like pressed amber that variegated honey colour is really awesome and truly gives your pipe a classy look.
1621216202804.png

The only other pipe I've seen with a similar looking stem is the Ser Jacopo but that stem looks like it's made up of bits from a brain:-
1621216807158.png

Speaking of Miele: they make the best and most reliable appliances . . . not wishing to put a jinx on it but we've had a Miele washing machine and dryer since 2002.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Since dat Eddie Rob'nson fella is star'ng in dis movie "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes," I'ma smokin' circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli Hand Made flat bottom sitter with a square shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat is my drink, see! Myeah!
View attachment 80398
View attachment 80399
You've inspired me! Going to watch Cincinnati Kid tonight. I'll picture this Sav when EGR shows his Queen-high straight flush to Steve "Asbestos Lungs" McQueen. Enjoy!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Even though it looks a bit like pressed amber that variegated honey colour is really awesome and truly gives your pipe a classy look.
View attachment 80410

The only other pipe I've seen with a similar looking stem is the Ser Jacopo but that stem looks like it's made up of bits from a brain:-
View attachment 80412
It does look a little brainy. Love the look of both, though. Ironically, I'm quite scared of bees... ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
You've inspired me! Going to watch Cincinnati Kid tonight. I'll picture this Sav when EGR shows his Queen-high straight flush to Steve "Asbestos Lungs" McQueen. Enjoy!
Thanks! That's a great movie. Robinson said that character was the closest to his real self of any of his movie roles. As for the Sav, I smoke EGR in that one when I want to spend more time with the blend than the squashed tomato allows me.

Status
Not open for further replies.