PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
I spent my post Christmas afternoon with my friends of the Saturday ZOOM pipe group. My après Noël tradition has been to smoke 50+ year old, cutter-top Balkan Sobranie 759 (I only have a couple of pipefuls left), in a gorgeous pipe that Alex Florov gifted me years ago (the one in my Avatar).
The company, conversation and smoke were magnificent.

View attachment 57394

Both that pipe and that tin is beautiful, I completely forgot about those upright 50 grams?

- - -

KBV Byronic Slices in an Arena Serova Squat Tomato with a most beautiful and delicate blast. Let’s see if this blend tastes more to my liking after six months of age? Because of the shape of the pipe, cube cut is my prep.
View attachment 57402

Gorgeous proportions on that pipe. Any verdict on Byronic Slice? I have a small selection of KBV stuff deep in the cellar, but I wasn't impressed with the two I tried so have been hesitant to reach for them..

- - -

Oh how heavenly!!!...

LOL - are we interrupting this conversation you're having by yourself? ?

- - -

Been on an aromatic bender over the holidays (a lot of nutmeg, cacao, cinnamon, and liquor toppings), but now back to your regularly scheduled programming: Davidoff Flake Medallion (a Christmas gift!) in this all purpose Doctor's Bamboozled Brandy -

liQDa9yl.jpg

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
LOL - are we interrupting this conversation you're having by yourself? ?
No, no, no, Trickster, interrupt away! Wouldn’t want people to know I’m crazy...cray
I absolutely disliked Byronic Slices when I first tried it, but now after six months, it is absolutely delicious. No bite or rough edges and (keep this to yourself) my wife even said of the tin note, “It smells like ketchup.” .....shhhhh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.