PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I prefer my pipes with what I would call 'traditional staining', anything from the honey gold light stain, to a richer brown. But I do appreciate coloured stains or finishes from time to time if done well. I don't have any *yet* but I'd like to add some colour to the roation.

Anyone have some colourful pipes?

Reactions: STP and anotherbob

cstrat1985

Lurker
Nov 16, 2020
I prefer my pipes with what I would call 'traditional staining', anything from the honey gold light stain, to a richer brown. But I do appreciate coloured stains or finishes from time to time if done well. I don't have any *yet* but I'd like to add some colour to the roation.

Anyone have some colourful pipes?

How about natural coloured bowls and crazy coloured stem/mouth piece see a lot of the pipe makers, Savanelli, Chacom, Peterson have lots like that?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a green stain Chacom straight tapered billiard made specifically for Iwan Ries though not a house pipe, and a Group 2 EWA churchwarden stained green. All the rest are wood tones, ebony, cobs, or clay, and one Meerschaum.

Reactions: anotherbob

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Don’t own any colored pipes, but I can appreciate them. I do love a good psychedelic acrylic stem like Neerup sometimes uses. I think think it adds a modern ironic counterpoint to some classic old school wood grain.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I personally like a colorful stem as a accent on pipes. Black just gets boring in my opinion. I prefer the Briar stained in more traditional colors.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.