PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Having a 'day off' and to top it all off the wife's gone out to her mothers.

Some Argentine Criollo twist in the Hardcastle's bullcap.

WP-20201002-005.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's already a busy day, which isn't a complaint! Going through the wonderful "hate mail" while watching Mad Dog Russo.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Must be fresh Blue. Aged it’s much better.

Don't know the context for fresh vs aged, this tin was bought about a year ago and opened a few weeks ago. I also decided to stove it which made it very dark, incredibly good smelling for my tastes, and increased flavour perceived by about 1%. Really, when 1792 Flake is "just right" for me, and Old Dark Fired served as my all-day, everyday smoke, Capstan Blue sadly didn't stand much of a chance to make an impression.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Don't know the context for fresh vs aged, this tin was bought about a year ago and opened a few weeks ago. I also decided to stove it which made it very dark, incredibly good smelling for my tastes, and increased flavour perceived by about 1%. Really, when 1792 Flake is "just right" for me, and Old Dark Fired served as my all-day, everyday smoke, Capstan Blue sadly didn't stand much of a chance to make an impression.
LOL

Zero comparison between ODF and a Virginia. I didn’t realize that was the context. I thought you were comparing fresh to something with 5-10 years.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Whole leaf blend. Similar to mclellands anniversary(I think...I've never smoked it myself). A mild but rich blend, a subtle interplay.

Dark stoved red Virginia 85%
Latakia 15%
Ribbon cut.

Through an Altinay lattice meerschaum billiard(loving this pipe after I opened up the draw!)

Status
Not open for further replies.