2020 West Coast Pipe Show Is On Halloween (now Cancelled)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
for those of us with young kids at home, it's a bummer

I totally get it. My kids are past that age now, but when they still went out trick or treating I always went along. It was a highlight of the Autumn.

I do miss those days, but the positive side is that I can fly out to Vegas for the show with a clear conscious and a suitcase full of pipes & tobaccos.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I totally get it. My kids are past that age now, but when they still went out trick or treating I always went along. It was a highlight of the Autumn.
Yeah, Halloween is still a lot of fun in my household and I'd hate to miss it. My child will only be young once and, frankly, there aren't that many years left when she'll be interested in trick or treating. So this may be my last year.

But I also hate the idea of missing the pipe show.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I live here so it doesn't impact me, plus my daughter will only be a year and a half old so it's not like she's going to notice.

But I will volunteer my house and neighborhood for anyone that needs/wants on Halloween for the show. No raves allowed though... ?

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
If you can make it, you should. It's a great show.
I can do it for ell under $500 including a little spending cash while Im there. Wont have enough to buy a pipe, but bacy is in the budget, and I would get to see and interact with lots of pipe folks.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I am waiting until I can do the trip with enough cash to enjoy myself and get a pipe :)
I get that. However, I havent been on a real just for me trip in literally years. Well over a decade, and maybe two. If I can save the cash to go, even if I cant afford to buy a pipe, I'm going. (Of course with 10 months to plan one hopes I will manage to ferret away more cash and get a pipe too :p)

Reactions: morgansteele

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I get that. However, I havent been on a real just for me trip in literally years. Well over a decade, and maybe two. If I can save the cash to go, even if I cant afford to buy a pipe, I'm going. (Of course with 10 months to plan one hopes I will manage to ferret away more cash and get a pipe too :p)
Right on! Make sure you take pictures and write about it, so we can live vicariously through you. I have wanted to go for about five years now

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
I am going to try to go, the night being All Hallows Eve is not an issue for me, although it will make hotel and air fair a lot more expensive. What I do find strange, is that the "West Coast" pipe show is in Las Vegas. It would be like having an East Coast show in Ohio. It is over a four hour drive to the coast from Vegas, mostly because Nevada isn't on the ocean... at all. Do you remember the old Superman movie with Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor, the one where he buys all the land in the middle of nowhere so that when he blows up CA and it sinks into the sea, he will make a killing on beachfront property? Maybe that is what the people who run the West Coast Pipe Show are planning, maybe this is the long con? #curiousincalifornia

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What I do find strange, is that the "West Coast" pipe show is in Las Vegas. It would be like having an East Coast show in Ohio. It is over a four hour drive to the coast from Vegas, mostly because Nevada isn't on the ocean... at all.
Wait until after "The Big One" hits. Then it will all make perfect sense.

Given that it's Vegas, how will we know it's Halloween?

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Where did you see this? Show Info | West Coast Pipe Show - https://www.westcoastpipeshow.com/show-info/

From their site it looks like it's still going ahead, even though most of the conventions I've seen in Vegas are shut down until next month or early November.
It is on the main page of the website one level up from your link.

Show update of September 10, 2020

After speaking with the hotel today, Sept. 8 , 2020, I am sad to say that this year’s show is being cancelled due to this disgusting illegal, evil , mess we are in. I have rolled the show into November, 2021. I hope and pray that our world will be better by then. The exact dates will be put on this site when I receive them from the hotel. I tried to hang on , in hopes that we might be able to have the show but it just isn’t possible. Thanks for your understanding.
I hope to see everyone , next year !
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.