PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
Thinking about it while looking at my old barrister bookcase which I recently converted into pipe/cigar case. Think I’ll keep it simple and go with Five Brothers in a cob. Inside smoke day, hot and humid outside,Florida in the summertime!

Attachments

• 7ABB7E61-D90E-4501-A49E-C1D39EBF3C75.jpeg
    7ABB7E61-D90E-4501-A49E-C1D39EBF3C75.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 11

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Packed for later to give it some drying time, Amphora Burley, the relatively new but old-style blend from MacBaren, in a Jerry Perry semi-rusticated (just a thumb patch on the back of the bowl) straight saddle stem panel billiard carved in Mountain Laurel. Perry does his own work, in his ow way, out in the country in North Carolina, sells nothing online other than repair work, says, "If I sold pipes online, I'd spend all my time taking pictures and not carving pipes."

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearly half way through this bowl of Smoker’s Pride Mellow Taste in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.49) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega military mount with a nickel band and a black vulcanite stem with a p-lip. Time to do some walking reps. Hope it doesn't rain while I do it.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
Last smoke of the day is C&D Junkyard Dawg in a 2003 URAL full bend big bowl egg shaped Lattice meer with a black acrylic saddle stem. Watching The Jack Benny Program.

I would love to hear your thoughts on how it compares to Barking Dog and/or the Sutliff match. I've had a few tins of Junkyard Dawg and i'm not quite sure what to think of it.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I'm trying out C&D Night Train in a Peterson XL90 while doing some chores around the farm. This is just excellently blended. It's burley forward, but the virginias, cavendish, and perique are all present in each puff. I really love that sweetness from the cavendish on top of the sweet grass from the virginias.

Status
Not open for further replies.