PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I went out with my Chris Besse Canadian Maple Billiard and walked through the neighborhood for about 45 min. around 1:00 a.m. or so..and I've been back out with another billiard, an Italian no name that is perfectly bored with a nice stem and it's balmy out there. I use a bic lighter and a bees waxed hemp wick on a stick to light my pipe usually.
It provides a nice soft light, no charred remains and basically an unending match. I buy it in bulk and wrap it around a stick.WIN_20200701_04_09_55_Pro.jpg

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
2014 Motzak Strang in a 1992 Dunhill Shell 5215 (bent pot) with factory AD silver band.
Trivia:
I bought this pipe through Bob Hamlin’s PCCA web site around 1996 when eBay was just a baby and not yet a major player. Bob had taken on the consignment of a single estate of more than several thousand high grade pipes.
Jim Cooke was refurbishing most of these. Hundreds of pipes: Dunhill, Barling, Charatan, high grade Comoy, Castello and many others. Pages and pages were listed on his web site at a time and more just kept coming as Jim Cooke would deliver the next batch of refurbished pipes to Bob.
The sale went on for months.
Overall, I think it adversely impacted Bob’s normal retail sales of gray market Castello as his customers focused on the endless consignment estate’s and not his purchased Castello inventory.

Last edited:

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
HH Rustica in a Castello Sea Rock 55 KK.

8dab4aea-5f3e-4c26-b45a-486c06a74a4f-jpeg.31650

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I had a late evening bowl of Wilke #515, my first taste of this blend, favored by Basil Rathbone. I smoked it in a 1990s Kaywoodie bent billiard with lovely grain. The 515 is a wonderful "old school" aromatic that was quite pleasant.
I cooled my throat with "Dino's THJ" (my mix of Peach/Mango Green Tea, a shot of Honey Jack, and a fistful of bergs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.