PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Actually, I guess I don’t have one that I couldn’t live without, as most of them dry my mouth out for some reason. I like the taste of Scotty’s Trout Stream though. Boswell’s Raspberry Creme is good, so is their Cupcake. None of them are anything I normally smoke though. They’re more of a “change of pace” smoke for me.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Likewise, there are no true aromatics that I can’t live without, but KBV Sakura comes close. My favorite tobacco that has a top note but that I wouldn’t categorize as an Aro, is KBV Live Wire.

Reactions: mso489

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I started with aromatics and smoked them for years, before a long pipe hiatus, and then I smoked mostly non-aromatics after some tongue bite and burn from aros. Now I smoke about 1/3 aromatics. Some I enjoy are Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, burley based with Virginia as a condiment and flavored with three liqueurs; Planta 2012 flavored with marula fruit; Three Star Blue from Iwan Ries; Erin Go Bragh flavored with Irish whiskey; C'est La Vie vanilla; and others. Granger is a fine old Kentucky rough cut blend, frequently sold as a non-aromatic but flavored with molasses.

Reactions: gamzultovah

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I like the Lakeland style aromatics and among them GH Ennerdale flake and SG Groosemoore plug a lot but also GH Bob's chocolate flake and SG cannon plug and RB plug.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...oh ... I forgot ... Mixture No. 79, that great rediscovery by chasing embers. It really has a quiet charm in a Falcon or cob, for example.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 2 aromatics in my cellar and only pull them out if a non smoker is around. They are:
Cult Blood Red Moon
Sutliff Molto Dolce

Don't let the pop crackle and pop of the MOlto Dole get to you, it has a ton of flavor as does the Red Moon. Once you have these two no other aromatics are needed ever again in your entire life. Trust me on this one.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I don’t know. I can smoke most burley-containing blends without issues. Do it all the time. It’s only the full-blown aromatic blends that do that to me. I think it might be something to do with the humectants.
This very well might be. I can smoke aromatics too, but none with Burley. I guess that sucking burning hot vegetation through a 6” straw has varying unpleasant effects on people. Who knew?

But I do know this, we all get burned (bit) at one time or another. puffy

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Chambers, I thought I was clear, only 2 are needed, why are you making other recommendations

Actually I did forget a tasty aromatic flake called Mac Baren Modern Virginia Flake.. It is really hard to get for some reason. I would also consider Peterson University Flake as an aromatic as the plum topping is quite nice. Ok Chambers you are off the hook for now.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend, also strong considerations I would miss:
  • Newminster Blackberry Brandy,
  • S.G. Firedance, and
  • G&H Ennerdale Flake

neilnoff

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2020
Spring, TX
Cult Blood Red Moon & Boswell's Piper's Pleasure. Not a constant diet of either one, but for me they make a wonderful change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.