PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Margate probably accounts for half of the bowls I smoke, other than that I don’t worry about Esoterica blends much. I’d rather not chase any more difficult to get blends.

Reactions: docpierce

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Have only tried a handful and Dunbar was the top of what I have tried, but, none are worth the price/hunt for me. Not even Penzance.

soviettubes

Lurker
Mar 26, 2018
Tilbury and Margate are the two that I find myself smoking regularly. Penzance when the mood strikes, but there are many blends out there just as good or better. I’d rather spend my time smoking those than chasing a unicorn. Stonehaven I’ve had a few times and just don’t care for it that much. I get the hype if you dig it, tho.

Now, as for other Germain’s, I love Brown Flake on a regular basis. Hampton Flake is probably my favorite of all of them, but I ration what little of that I have.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I very much enjoyed a sample of Dorchester I was sent by someone on a Pipes discord server. The topping reminded me faintly of the lemongrass type topping Grousemoor has, but applied much more conservatively. Love the smell of the dry leaf too-- distinctively dried apricot. Underneath that, delicious virginias.

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

hymnchimney

Might Stick Around
Feb 18, 2020
Morganton, NC
Haven't tried many of the blends, but I gotta say, I very much enjoy Pembroke. I was lucky enough to hit a friend's bowl of St Ives once, but never smoked a full bowl of it, although, I lived what I had. I have a bowl or two of Stonehaven from a lovely forum member that I'm going to enjoy as soon as I manage to have a quiet evening to myself. I suspect I'll have several of those soon, though.

Reactions: rushx9 and jpmcwjr

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Stonehaven is the only one I like, but I refuse to overpay or go through the frantic stress to chase it down (I mean damn, it's not Harry Lime). The last time I ordered some, a bag of Penzance showed up instead....and of course the Stonehaven was gone by then, so that guy is sitting there lonely on my shelf.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.