• I don't floss, I don't have teeth.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Really?? A topic like this on a pipe board? We can't discuss politics but this is relevant? Maybe the good old days really were! Hoppes

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Really?? A topic like this on a pipe board? We can't discuss politics but this is relevant? Maybe the good old days really were! Hoppes

Sorry for any inconvenience this thread might have caused. You can see it is under the "general discussion" section, not to be confused with the "general pipe smoking discussion" section.

The idea came from the other thread "post smoking mouth care". There will always be some general discussions. I figured this one probably wouldn't turn corona. Like kevin said, all that gets a bit old.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. I do realize some people are sensitive when it comes to oral care. @Renaldo a former member had similar concerns.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
A waterpik and these make it very easy to clean between your teeth:

iu

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My best friend from HS is a dentist and he told me horror stories of people who chose not to floss. The evidence is real and the benefits are worth the effort. So, as much as I see it as a PITA, I floss 1-3 times daily. He did say those that choose not to floss typically are not very conscientious of their oral health, and that confounds benefit studies.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
You know, based on some of these replies I think I'll start flossing more often. Good topic, you may have just saved me from gun disease! I'm 31 and still have nice teeth, but I guess you don't know what lurking in between those little buggers.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I’m with Shanez—the Reach Flosser does a fine job, and then I finish it off with the Waterpik. My hygienist tells me I have the cleanest teeth of any of her patients. My visits usually consist of a pick here and there, to get at a bit of calculus that I somehow missed, but I’m in and out of there in a jiffy. Other things I do: I keep flossers in the center console in my car, and I use the soft-picks, both at home and in my car. Oh— and then I brush with a Sonicare toothbrush. It’s just a tad more effective than the Oral B, according to an NIH study. I use Listerine and peroxide.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Well, I'll be a monkeys uncle. People apparently do actually floss. Mrs. Funkhouse was right. She adds that flossing regularly can lessen your chances for a heart attack.

I'll go out and buy some floss right after I finish this pound of bacon..

• Wow
Reactions: Ctbill and BROBS

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Infections in the mouth have a freeway direct to the heart. And, consider the water flosser over the thread. It will stimulate your gums, firm them up with less chance of damaging the gum tissue. I've got an old school dentist. He believes in salvaging a tooth over a quick extraction, a screw and an implant. Quicker and oft time cheaper but, more hygenic than sticking man-made objects into bone. Hell, my pacemaker is almost as great an infecton threat as it is the savior of my wayward pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.