"Giubileo d'Oro" What's In The Box? (Photo Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
All righty, then. If it came off without polishing it was just buffing compound that didn't get wiped away before boxing.:)

Good to know the crease wasn't left rough/unfinished. As I said, that would have been a low-rent sort of oversight. (Doubly so on their premium line.)

Enjoy. :col:

btw, have you ever smoked a 904 before? Lovely balance.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Gorgeous pipe.

Yeah, too bad about the acrylic. There have been several Savinellis that I wanted to buy, except for the acrylic bit. They still make some with vulcanite, though, even on the premium lines.
I got that one as it was a Giubileo d'Oro 904 that was sandblasted instead of smooth to be my 31st and crown of the collection. The acrylic is a bit off putting, but the ring grain is perfect! Guess I can deal with the stem.?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Very nice. I suspect the acrylic won't dampen your enjoyment too much!
I may reach out to Savinelli to see if a replacement Vulcanite stem with brass dots is available. Most of my acrylic stemmed pipes are just for looking at and I really want to smoke this one.

Reactions: BROBS

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Beautiful Pipe!!!
I have smoked one estate Giublio d’Oro which is a fantastic smoker as well.

Enjoy your showstopper pipe.
What happened to expanding this collection to an one year set?
That was number 31, I did post 32 recently. It will all depend on what pops up. I do find myself not viewing pipes for sale much at all anymore though.

Reactions: BROBS and cshubhra

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Nice one dude! The acrylic surely isn’t as comfortable but maybe you can use this one without clenching as much?

where’s that pic? ?

Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.