PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I wanted to say hello. I hail from the Middle TN area and have been smoking pipes for a touch over 30 years. I have been following this forum for sometime and thought I would finally join in. Perhaps I may be able to add something of value to your discussions. As my handle implies, I love pipes and blackpowder firearms. I hope everyone is doing well and having a fantastic holiday season.

Jeff

allosh

Lurker
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome from British Columbia. I loved everything about my black powder guns except cleaning them:LOL:

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Welcome from Ottawa. Found a powder horn my Dad had bought at a garage sale. Full of black powder. Obviously I had to see if it was real gun powder. Laid a trail to a pile of powder, made a pile and loaded stuff on top. Lit the trail and watched various items get blown 20 ft in the air. I was impressed, my father, not so much.

indoeuro

Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
I wanted to say hello. I hail from the Middle TN area and have been smoking pipes for a touch over 30 years. I have been following this forum for sometime and thought I would finally join in. Perhaps I may be able to add something of value to your discussions. As my handle implies, I love pipes and blackpowder firearms. I hope everyone is doing well and having a fantastic holiday season.

Jeff
Welcome! We're glad to have you.

blackpowderpiper

Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've always enjoyed the outdoors and learned to hunt and fish from an early age. I have many fond memories of time spent afield with my father and grandfather engaged in these pursuits. Once I started using primitive blackpowder weapons, I found that modern weaponry no longer provided the challenge and the satisfaction that I derived from more primitive arms. As such, I continued to delve deeper into the sport and to actively learn more about out forefathers and to experience how they might have done things. Now days, I hunt mainly with a flintlock rifle and an old English double gun. I think my love of the pipe also followed this trajectory. That of doing things the old way and enjoying the simple pleasures that our forefathers enjoyed.

Reactions: trouttimes and mau1
Status
Not open for further replies.