PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
I see on FaceBook a pipe group has started organising Zoom meetings. Could this be the beginning of a whole new virtual pipe club smoking experience? I see some of the YouTube Pipe Community (YTPC) bloggers run Live Streams occasionally. When watching these you can usually participate with comments which show up for all to read and reply to. However with the rise of free Zoom accounts I can’t help wondering whether Zoom will take over that space. Your thoughts?

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Not particularly fond of Zoom pipe shows, it kind of defeats the purpose, but given the circumstances I have participated on the Bucharest Pipe Club online meetings a couple of times, just to have a chance to catch up with some of the guys.

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Facebook now has it own party meeting feature called "Rooms", but it allows you to have virtual meetings without having to download anything. I want to be in a virtual pipe club.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The pipe club near me hasn't met since March. Emails are not returned so I joined here. I already do enough virtual crap for work.
Even my work is analog. Not much of a fan of anything digital. The closest thing I've ever owned to a computer is a smartphone, and that's only because my phone company stopped supporting my flip phone.

• Haha
Reactions: Ebarber and FurCoat