PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Was watching some tobacco reviews on Youtube when I came across Jeff (Stogiefarts) review of pipe maker Rick Black and based on the reviews here he makes a good pipe at a decent price point and sells mainly on Ebay. A quick ebay search brings up one of his latest offerings--a pipe he named "zombie." I don't know if I love it or hate it, but it's certainly different! The green shading along the rougher blast on the side of the bowl looks reptilian. This is a pipe that will get attention no matter where you go!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOMBIE-by-Rick-Black-Pipes-/231301721408?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35daa82d40

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I like the look and style of the pipe. The draft hole looks a bit off to one side and I would be curious to know if the briar extends under the band. Definitely a cool pipe though and a great job of making it look infected.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
At first I thought " no way" but after looking at each pic it started to grow on me. Oh geez... The pad Is kicking in! I need therapy! :crazy:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm not a big fan of green pipes, even nice well made pipes like that. Maybe if it was an ugly design I might like it better. At first I thought the thread was about Olie Sylvester's Zombie pipes. He seems to specialize in really weird pipes called Monstrosities. Some designs look like something to keep OUT of your mouth, because they look like something an actual movie zombie would smoke.

Funny thing is, I like them and find myself drawn to many but not all of his designs. Cup O'Joes has a pretty good selection of them. Creepy.... :twisted:

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
At first I thought " no way" but after looking at each pic it started to grow on me. Oh geez... The PAD Is kicking in! I need therapy! :crazy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a pipe that requires an audience to watch you smoke it. Otherwise what's all the flash and color for?

It looks like a pipe you smoke at a heavy metal concert or a Star Trek event.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
To each his own. I hope whoever buys it smokes the cowboy hell out of it. The only truly bad pipe is one that never gets smoked because it's owner is ashamed to bring it out. It's different for sure.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Someone bought it for the asking price of $140.00. Certainly a unique pipe and I hope the owner has many years of smoking pleasure from it. If it's one of the members here, you definitely need to show us pics and tell us how it smokes.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
I'm with Apatim - first reaction was "ugh, no way". But after a few minutes I started to kind of like it...

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
That's a pipe that requires an audience to watch you smoke it. Otherwise what's all the flash and color for?

While I see your point, I am going to have to disagree on a personal level. Many accouterments in my life are chosen for a combination of function and style, regardless of if anyone else will ever see them. I was just smoking my new Goblin pipe last night on the back deck without a soul in the world watching. I sat and admired both the aesthetic and craftsmanship as I slowly smoked my bowl of London Flake. Of course I can do the same with a classic shaped and colored pipe as well, but all other eyes aside, I appreciate good design and am rewarded by being in its presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.