PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I used the downstairs closet as my house is on a slab so no basement. The temperature stays around 69 degrees all year round. I also have the Grabow Omega and Savinelli not shown along with 16 various cobs. Most are lower end pipes as I put all the available cash into baccy to start aging. Once I really get the hang of this the PAD will surely kick in.
The Esoterica are Margate-2, And So To Bed-2, Tilbury-5 and Pembroke-1.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
The acrylic jars in the boxes on the floor have 3 tins each of the H&H and Sutliff paper made tins, I was afraid they would not hold the moisture over the long haul. The three paper boxes on the left have 20 round tins each. The Mason jars on the floor are empty and are for future bulk purchases.
The green rubber made tub is one of the 17 such tubs I have and are filled with boxes of cigars, I have run out of closet space so I had to put that tub on the chair. There are also 2-500 count humidors, 3-300 count humidors and 4 -100 count humidors holding at last count approx. 3,400 cigars.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
The original goal was to have enough tobacco for 10 years, so I wanted 520 tins and/or bulk for it to equal 1.75oz per week. I currently have the equivalent of 510 tins. I figure I will smoke some until I retire in 05/2016, use the POTMC double down to make replacements adding 2 pouches, 4 tins and 4oz bulk each month and fill the QT jars so I will end with approx. 74 pounds or 676 tins worth or 13 years. But some extra's along the way and I would reach 15 years worth easily between now and retirement.
Can you imagine what baccy will cost 10 years from now. I am rich and don't even know it yet.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Great pics Zito. I like your methodology and organization. Smart to collect the baccy while its affordable (and legal???). If the shit ever hits the proverbial fan pipes may become dirt cheap on Ebay and other sites.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
"If the shit ever hits the proverbial fan pipes may become dirt cheap on Ebay and other sites."
yazamitaz, you have hit the nail on the head!!! What good are 60 to 100 excellent smoking and expensive pipes with nothing to smoke in them, useless except for decoration and fond memories. I'll have the baccy and can buy all the super expensive pipes for pennies on the dollar, I am killing two birds with one stone with my plan. I can't lose on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.