PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sugardaddy

Lurker
Sep 30, 2022
I only frayed it because I was having a problem getting it to light. It had plenty of fuel.

But I think the problem was with something else and that fraying wasn't really related.

Thanks guys so much!

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Hidiho

Lurker
May 25, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I had a regular Zippo that had issues getting sparks and put it down the flint wheel being installed facing the wrong direction, I bought another insert which fixed the problem...

If you run your finger across the wheel in both directions you'll notice the difference, The ever so slightly more abrasive direction should be in contact with the flint to produce better sparks...

Well that's my theory...

sugardaddy

Lurker
Sep 30, 2022
I had a regular Zippo that had issues getting sparks and put it down the flint wheel being installed facing the wrong direction, I bought another insert which fixed the problem...

If you run your finger across the wheel in both directions you'll notice the difference, The ever so slightly more abrasive direction should be in contact with the flint to produce better sparks...

Well that's my theory...
Makes sense. Upon looking at a nearby zippo wheel, it does seem to be a little directional. But if a zippo person, or soemone with a microscope were to tell me otherwise, I would believe them.

Now that Zorro imitator from aliexpress.com... that guy has a very directional wheel-tooth angle.

Reactions: Briar Tuck