PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
So, standard sentence capitalization is OK? I hope. I learned a LONG time ago that was proper. Just asking...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes, I made that mistake trying to edit members post titles as a mod early on. And was corrected by a member here. (You know who you are). I'm glad this thread was made, to clear things up a bit. :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Once, when smoking Cotton Boll Twist, I had a great conversation with Henry VIII for two hours.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
DM your making me think about how it's been awhile since I smoked some Cotton Bole. Not sure if I still have any. Maybe I'll just go order some, just because.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Yes, I made that mistake trying to edit members post titles as a mod early on.
I still do that, every morning I spend at least 15 minutes to correct all the wrong titles on the main page. I wasn't warning anyone, but from now on I will leave a small note under the post of the OP. He who doesn't want to see that note should use the SHIFT key on the keyboard or send me a tin of Penzance, up to you.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
:clap:
Yes, I made that mistake trying to edit members post titles as a mod early on.
I still do that, every morning I spend at least 15 minutes to correct all the wrong titles on the main page. I wasn't warning anyone, but from now on I will leave a small note under the post of the OP. He who doesn't want to see that note should use the SHIFT key on the keyboard or send me a tin of Penzance, up to you.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Title corrected as per standard English: Capitals for important words; lower case for articles and non-key words.
But there was one in all caps- was that changed?

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
sTANDARD eNGLISH dOESN'T cAPITALIZE aNYTHING bUT tHE fIRST lETTER of a sentence or names, standardly... just say'in.
That said, I am trying to follow the 'standard' here and do the titles 'properly' for here. 8)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am of the impression that there are standards for thread titles, pretty much the same as for titles in English language newspapers, magazines, articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.