Zederkoff Rectangle Humidifier Not Working?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbomunkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2021
Chicago, IL
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I just got mine in the post today. Instructions are pretty straight forward, fill tray with distilled water, drop humidifier in water, wait till water is all absorbed. Well, as simple as that may be it’s not working. I put it in the tray and the thing after a half hour didn’t absorb what seems to be a drop of water. Am I missing something here? Defective?

Last edited by a moderator:

wordheavy

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2019
Southern California
When I used xikar trays, I normally just put them pore side up and filled them. I let them soak about 20 minutes and then shake off the excess and wipe them down. I now only use Boveda packs.

Reactions: turbomunkey

turbomunkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2021
Chicago, IL
When I used xikar trays, I normally just put them pore side up and filled them. I let them soak about 20 minutes and then shake off the excess and wipe them down. I now only use Boveda packs.
I may just do that in the future. I have let the thing soak for a good few hours at this point. Maybe the thing is saturated from the factory! I don’t not know. The instructions give the impression it should absorb all of the water when it’s placed in the specifically measured amount. Who knows. Thank you for your replies sir.,

Reactions: wordheavy
Status
Not open for further replies.