PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
These are truly stunning pipes! :clap: Thanks for posting.

Just when I think the collective imagination of active pipe makers is exhausted, along comes a new take that blows me away.

These are particularly interesting because of the fusion of the classical shape (bulldog) and more modern inventions.

Are we looking at reverse calabashes in this mix?

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Those are wild. Almost looks like an alien may have hatched out of some of them. The first one looks like it's morta Kashmir, is it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some amazing carving and finish on these pipes. Redefining and/or reinventing shapes.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
It's kinda neat to see a young and upcoming pipe artisan gaining some recognition for his craft. I bought his first Sea Star on FaceBook. Then I posted some photos, and soon he was getting a bunch of commissions from other pipers on FB. All the pipes you see above were carved over the past two months.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
I like that last one. Don't see stem rustication every day. Who else does stem rustication?? It looks good.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Those are cool!! I especially like the last one! Looks like very tedious,exacting and time consuming work!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
That's weird... because when I do the exact same search I get sent here: https://www.facebook.com/ygrek.pipes?fref=ts
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.