PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Is it unusual for Swedes to have such a good command of English?
I would say no. They are very well behaved blends and extremely user friendly. They take a light easily, burn cool, and often require few relights. Those qualities are often the reason I suggest them to beginners over flavored blends and Virginias.

Reactions: DedHed Piper

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I would say no. They are very well behaved blends and extremely user friendly. They take a light easily, burn cool, and often require few relights. Those qualities are often the reason I suggest them to beginners over flavored blends and Virginias.
Oh dear, I meant the English language! I should have figured that that was going to be a confusing question! ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Oh dear, I meant the English language! I should have figured that that was going to be a confusing question! ?
rotf
Now that you mention it, there were a couple of Swedish fellows I went to college with that had no issue with English syntax.

DedHed Piper

Might Stick Around
Dec 28, 2019
Sweden
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's nice to feel some fellow souls being totally alone in this very unpipsmoking country of Sweden (yes, I see some people here are from swe as well - tjena, tjena, kula det finns lite svenskar här också). I actually even don't know any cigaterette smoker anymore, I believe...

Mingc - About English (the language, not the blend :)), I like to write in English overall and have worked for a very long time with English speaking people, but overall Swedes are very prominent in the language, both in writing and speaking.

Have a nice day all o'ya.

Reactions: mingc
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Seems we sold all the pipes to Denmark, or hid them away. I rarely see a pipe smoker these days, but who can blame people with the price of a tobacco tin being like 30 dollars... :)
the very same scenario is true here,only widely available blends are as following:,Mc Barens Vanilla flake,Mc Barens Harmony,Greve Gilbert Hamiltons Blend, Caravelle , Amphora Full red and Clan, thats about it, and each pouch of aforementioned cost no less than $ 24

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Welcome from Idaho, USA!
I'm with you as far as English blends are concerned - although I still enjoy certain aromatics. Some of my favorite English blends include: King Charles, Margate and Plum Pudding.
Happy smoking my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.