PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedHed Piper

Might Stick Around
Dec 28, 2019
Sweden
Hi there, Pipe folks.

My name is Mattias - Illustrator, Cinematic Artist, Pipe Smoker. I’m living on the countryside outside of Stockholm with a history of cigarette smoking (Full time for some years until 20 years ago, then occationally when drinking beer).
My father smoked pipe when I was young so I took it up in my early twenties just to let it go after a while... now I’m older and obviously supremely sophisticated since I have been smoking my beloved pipes for about a year.

My favourite pipes just now are a bent sandblasted Chacom, a Dunhill billiard and a couple of old BBB pipes. All estates.
Yeah, and an italian semi churchwarden which is super for shorter smokes. Actually the one I get most flavour from somehow.

In the short while I’ve been smoking now (in my youth only Hamilton) I have gone from favouring straight Virginias (Capstan, FVF, Best Brown) passed Vapers (Director’s Cut, Orlik, glp Triple Play) to going full on English (Squadron Leader, MM 965, Quiet Nights, Westminster, Fayuum Kake, Maltese Falcon).

The English ones are giving me a fantastic satisfaction and what I would just call a comfortable smoke... I dunno what really, but everytime I smoke it just works.. Pack, light, tamper, light again and smoke to the bottom. Uncomplicated. Me and Englishes gets along.

All tobaccos are coming out regurarely to be retested and judged of course, but the burleys are the ones staying in the baccy box most often.

Well. Glad to be here. And I hope you all have a wonderful morning, day, evening, night.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Welcome my friend, from Canada! Going to try some of those English blends you mentioned. I'd like to get more into trying new blends. I mostly reach for 90% Va's, 10% English to change it up. Thinking about burley too. Why not

Status
Not open for further replies.