PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
So you're living your life as you are right now, covid included, and suddenly you have a mid-life crisis (if you're older, let's pretend you're not, still same life but you have more of it left). What is your crisis and what is the silver lining that pulls you through?

I'll go first. Oh, and this can be funny or serious, whatever. I have a injury at work which forces me from my field. While retraining into another career I meet a nice woman who wants to have my kids. When it's all said and done I get to say things like "so my dumbass kid..." and "my wife doesn't like the room note...".

Either that or I die tragically, but am reborn as the Second Coming of Keanu Reeves...

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
So you're living your life as you are right now, covid included, and suddenly you have a mid-life crisis (if you're older, let's pretend you're not, still same life but you have more of it left). What is your crisis and what is the silver lining that pulls you through?

I'll go first. Oh, and this can be funny or serious, whatever. I have a injury at work which forces me from my field. While retraining into another career I meet a nice woman who wants to have my kids. When it's all said and done I get to say things like "so my dumbass kid..." and "my wife doesn't like the room note...".

Either that or I die tragically, but am reborn as the Second Coming of Keanu Reeves...

The direction of this thread is dependent on one thing and one thing only...

Keanu Reeves as John Wick or Ted “Theodore” Logan?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I married late for my generation, at 30. So I hadn't settled into life enough to have a mid-life crisis when most of my generation did, in forties and fifties. So my crises came in episodes from my teens, twenties, and especially in my fifties, losing a spouse, a parent, and later having a strange dust-up in the workplace that changed my job and my sense of trust. I sometimes say I have survived three universities, a war, a cyclone at sea and two hurricanes, crises in their turns. I never needed a crisis of my own making.

I've never understood this thing people label others with as a "mid life crisis."

A guy finally gets all of his ungrateful shitty kids out of the house... divorces that bitch that he was obligated to take shit from for 20something years, because he bred her when she was pretty and didn't bitch as much... Buys himself a nice car that he could never have, because the kids and wife were sucking all of the money out of his wallet, and starts dating a 22 year old with a daddy complex. Then, everyone starts labelling that guy as a sufferer of a mid life complex. Ha ha!!
Hell, if the crisis was that he wasn't living for himself at all because he was merely the shitty wage earner and treated like an asshole by his family, and he changed things to suit himself for once, I'd call that a mid-life resurrection.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've never understood this thing people label others with as a "mid life crisis."

A guy finally gets all of his ungrateful shitty kids out of the house... divorces that bitch that he was obligated to take shit from for 20something years, because he bred her when she was pretty and didn't bitch as much... Buys himself a nice car that he could never have, because the kids and wife were sucking all of the money out of his wallet, and starts dating a 22 year old with a daddy complex. Then, everyone starts labelling that guy as a sufferer of a mid life complex. Ha ha!!
Hell, if the crisis was that he wasn't living for himself at all because he was merely the shitty wage earner and treated like an asshole by his family, and he changed things to suit himself for once, I'd call that a mid-life resurrection.

HOF post.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015

hahahaha

UnripeWateryHusky-size_restricted.gif

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas

That’s basically the plot line of American Beauty - Kevin Spacey.

Status
Not open for further replies.