Your thoughts on Boswell Northwoods

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2018
About Northwoods, maybe I am missing something or it may be too wet. It has all the ingredients I love, but it somehow feels too one-dimensional if that is a good word to use. It does smell delightful and I feel like I am missing something because the taste is a little dull to me. Your thoughts?

lazar

May 5, 2015
Me, too. Found it disappointing. I like Countryside better, but for me Boswell is all about aros. That's their real forte'.

thomasw

Preferred Member
Dec 5, 2016
I am not an English aficionado, so I find most lat-forward blends a struggle to smoke. But, as regards Boswell's, their Premium Burley is a very decent mild burley -- I'd give 3/4 stars.

May 22, 2018
I dont think it is the latakia because I love that stuff, and maybe it is the way most of the tobacco is toasted in Northwoods that makes it lose flavour.

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member
Jul 12, 2011
I smoked a lot of this ( going back 10yrs now ) but since have found other blends that I really enjoy more when looking for the Lat hit - GLP's Odyssey, Cornell & Diehl: Star of the East Flake, L.J. Peretti's Omega, SG's Winter Time Flake... just to name of few.

Status
Not open for further replies.